Thursday, September 29, 2005

THANKFULNESS AND ABUNDANCE

This morning I was blessed and thankful for words of another, whose loving energy, reminded again of the great abundance in my life. And once more, I give thanks to the Creator for all.

How often do you give thanks to the Creator for all that you have in your life? We often give thanks for the immediate things in our lives, but have you considered giving thanks to all the unseen forces that bring these things into your life. For example, we give thanks for our food, but do not thank Mother Earth for the soil and her minerals that give nourishments in your food, for the farmers who grew the food, those who picked the food, those who transported it the market, those in the market who make the enticing displays, or the thousands of other people and resources that provide us with our daily nourishment. This kind thankfulness should be extended to all that you have in your life, your clothes, furniture, appliances etc.

Do you remember to give thanks to the Creator for the sun, rain, wind, air, and water? We take all of these for granted, especially air. We breathe in and out with little thought, but if it were taken away we would not live. The same goes for water and sunlight. We taken so much for granted and forget that these things are so important in our lives.

We also need to give thanks for all our experiences in life, for each of these is a learning experience. When we can learn to give thanks for even the difficult times, we soon realise that they are not so difficult after all.

When we start to give thanks for all that we have in our lives we see how abundant our lives really are.

A few years ago, I read a book that instructed one to sit down and make a "list of abundance". In this list one was to write down 200 things that one was thankful for in one's life. I looked at it and thought, "200, wow, that is a lot," but when I started to make my list I found myself filling pages. I realised how truly rich and abundant my life was. For about a year after, at the end of each day I would sit down and write 20 things I was thankful for that day. As time went on, I no longer needed to make a list, for I found myself during the course of each day silently giving thanks for the many things in my life. Each night before I go to sleep I give thanks to the Creator for another beautiful day and the many blessings that day held. This exercise now has become part of my daily life and as a result my life is filled to overflowing with abundance and thankfulness.

I do not own many things. Most of my possessions would fill two suitcases. I do not own a car, a house and do not have a job, but my life is abundant and blessed in ways too numerous to count. This is true abundance.

If you do not feel and see this great abundance in your life, try the "list abundance". Once you do, you will see how truly blessed and rich your life really is.

Love and blessings,
Wawa Quilla