Saturday, September 10, 2005

FACING FEAR

In one of my last writings I mentioned some of the things I have seen about the future. I do not tell I all I have seen in dreams, meditations or ayahuasca visions. I have a gift or is it? What ever it is, is not important. It just is!

Several years ago when I began in earnest on this path to self, I would often visit Ato Girma, an Ethiopian shaman, with his house perched on a hill about 3 hours drive outside of Addis Ababa. In our talks and in his seeing, he would often ask me, "Why do you willingly want to follow this path?"

My reply was always, "Ato Girma, I feel I have to."

He would then look at me with his dark brown eyes and sadness on his face and say, "Following this path is both a blessing and a curse. You can still walk away." But I knew I could not.

At the time I thought I had a good idea of what Ato Girma was telling but it was not until I went to Marcahuasi, high in the Andean mountains, did I fully understand what he was saying. Marcahuasi is located in the Central Highlands of Peru and is a table mountain of about 3 sq. km and at an altitude of 4,200 m above sea level. It is an incredibly magical place with gigantic rock sculptures, made by Nature or man, who is to say. The magic of Marcahuasi began for me the moment I arrived. After I greeted the spirit of the mountain and asked permission to enter with an offering of tobacco, I heard a voice very clearly say to me, "We have been waiting a long time for you." I was taken aback, for why would the mountain be waiting for me?

Over the next several days my friends and I explored the sculptures scattered all around the top of the mountain. Many of these formations had messages for me. Most of those messages were greetings, encouragement and connecting to the energy of the place. The last night there we did a special ceremony that lasted the whole night. It was during this ceremony that a huge rock formation called the Rock of Humanity called to me. I went over and sat with my back against it. The rock took me into its heart and began to download great amounts of information to me. In the hour or more that I was there I saw the whole of this period of life on earth flash before me. I was shown all the horror we have committed in the name of civilization and saw what is coming. With a great stream of tears running down my face I asked, "Why do I have to see all of this?" The answer that came was, "You cannot go forward until you face all of this. You cannot have wisdom without facing the pain. This is the way it is." After that message I was also shown what will come when earth has been cleansed of all the darkness. As I sat by the fire later, I recalled Ato Girma's works and knew what he was talking about. I was not consumed with fear or anxiety about the future. I knew that this was the way it was. I knew I had to be a light of love in world of darkness. I had to stand solid like the mountains and hold the love energy. At times I feel great pain and sadness, but it is because people do not see and continue to run around reacting to the outside world.

I could give you details of my many visions but what would it create? More fear and anxiety over the future. What is to come will come; it is all destined to happen as it is supposed to. The moral of this story is that we each much face our fears and over come them. We must all come to that place of peace and tranquillity within us. We all have it. No one can show us these fears or face them for us. It is something each of us has to do on our own. We all know the way if only we would listen to ourselves and not the many voices clamouring to show us the way. This is a journey that only you can take and no guru or master can show you. It is a journey of great courage and fortitude. It is a journey of commitment and regardless of what is shown or experienced it must be faced. The dark side is only a mirror of the light. Fear is only a reaction to something that may or may not happen. Most fears are created by an outside stimulus, that if you look at it carefully, has nothing to do with your life at this moment. If you are not willing to face the darkness in those fears, you will never see the true light. You will never overcome the fear that resides inside of you, blocking the light that is within. Once the fear is faced and seen for what it truly is, a reaction, it will disappear. The light cannot shine until you come face to face with the darkness and put it aside. When you do that it no longer has a hold on you and the only thing left is the crystal essence of your being shining for all the world to see

Stop running and reacting! That is only fear. Sit and face that fear. Let the light within shine!

Love Blessings,
Wawa Quilla